.nowruz Acceptable Use and Anti-Abuse Policy
Acceptable Use and Anti-Abuse Policy
All .nowruz domain names are subject to this policy. This policy may be revised from time to time, subject to giving ninety (90) days’ notice to .nowruz accredited Registrars.
This Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) governs the use of registrants or users of .nowruz domain names and add-on Registry services. This policy is intended to provide integrity and security of domain name services and is not a mechanism to resolve disputes between third parties and .nowruz registrants. The Registry reserves the right to modify the AUP subject to giving ninety (90) days’ notice to .nowruz accredited Registrars only (and is not required to provide notice to registrants).
The Registry is trusted to supply an unbiased platform and support the free-flow of information across the Internet. As such, the Registry does not monitor or exercise control over the content of any site, email or message using .nowruz domain names.
The Registry reserves the right to deny, cancel or transfer any registration or service, or place any domain name(s) on registry lock, hold, or similar status, as it deems necessary, at its sole discretion and without notice:
- To protect the integrity, security, and stability of the domain name system
- To comply with any applicable court orders, laws, or requests or rulings from law enforcement agencies, government agencies, or other organizations, or dispute resolution proceedings
- To avoid any liability, civil or criminal, on the part of the Registry, as well as its affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, and employees or its service providers
- To enforce the terms of the registration agreement
- To respond to or protect against any form of malware (which includes, without limitation, malicious code or software that may affect the operation of the Internet)
- To comply with specifications of any industry group or recognized authority on Internet stability (i.e., RFCs)
- To correct mistakes made by the Registry or any registrar in connection with the domain name registration, or
- For the non-payment of any fees owed
The following, which is not exhaustive, are prohibited from use and constitute registration abuse which may result in registry hold, transferring, cancelling, suspending or deleting of the domain names in the .nowruz TLD. The Registrar shall include the following in its Registrant Agreement in respect of a .nowruz domain name, the Registrant shall not:
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available (collectively, “Transmit”) any content that is unlawful, harmful, abusive, threatening, invasive of another’s privacy or otherwise damaging
- Harms a minor(s) in any way
- Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, an official, forum leader, celebrity, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent its affiliation with a person or entity
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted
- Transmit any content that the Registrant does not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements)
- Transmit any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights (“Rights”) of any party
- Transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or other abusive or harmful material
- Transmit any content that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment
- Interferes with or disrupts servers or networks, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks
- Relay email from a third party’s mail servers without the permission of that third party
- Use “robots” or otherwise harvest other’s email address(es) from a site for purposes of sending unsolicited or unauthorized material
- Abusively upload, post, email, or transmit the same message, URL, or posts multiple times
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, and any regulations having the force of law
- “Stalk” or harass another or engage in cyber bullying
- Register a generic term during the sunrise period
- Distribute malware, operate botnets, or perform phishing
- Use domain for piracy, trademark or copyright infringement, fraudulent or deceptive practices, counterfeiting or otherwise engaging in any illegal activity
All registrants must comply with all applicable laws including those that relate to privacy, data collection, consumer protection (including in relation to misleading and deceptive conduct) and applicable consumer laws in respect of fair lending, debt collection, disclosure of data and financial regulations.
If a registrant is collecting and maintaining sensitive health, financial or similar data, they must comply with applicable laws on the provision of such services and including security measures applicable to that sector.
In the event that a Registrant has registered a domain name that infringes the rights of another, the Registry reserves the right in cooperation with the sponsoring Registrar to cancel or transfer such domain name registration, and take further action against the Registrant.
All .nowruz domain names are subject to ICANN’s policies, including the dispute resolution procedures of a UDRP, URS and/or the rights of trademark holders as enforced by courts of law.
This AUP is to assist registrants in the lawful use of their domain names and does not exhaustively cover all potential abuses of domain names which may result in the suspension, transfer, cancellation or locking of a .nowruz domain name.
The Registry is not bound or obliged to adjudicate any dispute between parties or take any action, and cannot and does not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage a registrant or any other person may suffer as a result of any action or omission by the Registry or by any other person under the Acceptable Use Policy. The Registry may directly adjudicate a dispute if it deems necessary or refer the dispute to a third-party dispute resolution service.
The Registry reserves the right to employ additional abuse mitigation mechanisms to prevent the abuse and/or mitigate abusive domains including the collaboration with relevant organizations on abuse related issues.