The AGIT Registry operating the .nowruz Top Level Domain (TLD) and is subject to applicable privacy Laws. AGIT and the Registry Service Provider CoCCA are subject to the privacy laws of Turkey and Australia. The Registry collects information about visitors to the AGIT websites and .nowruz registrants through a variety of different means and is stored and accessed in a number of different methods. At any time, the Registry or its Service provider may modify this Policy. Modifications shall be effective upon the posting of the Policy on the .nowruz Registry website and giving ninety (90) days prior written notice to .nowruz accredited Registrars.
On the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data and any applicable local legal requirements regarding data privacy in the territories in which we operate (“applicable data privacy law”).
The Information We Collect and How We Use It
Unless the purposes for collecting personal information are obvious and the user voluntarily provides his or her personal information for those purposes, we will communicate the purposes for which personal information is being collected, either orally or in writing, before or at the time of collection.
We will only collect client, customer, member information that is necessary to fulfill the following purposes:
- To collect Doman Name Registration, Administrative, Billing Technical Contacts, a registrar will collect: contact name, organization, Street address, state/province, postal code, country, phone, fax, email and payment information; Note that payment information is not shared to the Registry
- To collect Registration Information: registrant information, sponsoring registrar, name servers, DNSSEC records, the creation and expiration date of the domain name, transfer authorization codes, status codes
- To verify identity
- To open and manage an account
- To deliver requested services
- To publish Whois Information
- To publish DNS zone files used in the functioning of domains (domain name, name servers, DNSSEC) – this information can be accessed by third parties who also have access to the zone files and through public DNS Services
- To ensure a high standard of service to our users
- To meet regulatory and legal requirements;
- To support the security and stability of the Internet
- To aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring use in order to maintain and develop it. The information will identify any individual or undertaking but we may provide it to third parties.
We will obtain user consent to collect, use or disclose personal information (except where, as noted below).
Consent can be provided electronically or it can be implied where the purpose for collecting using or disclosing the personal information would be considered obvious and the user voluntarily provides personal information for that purpose.
We may collect, use or disclose personal information without the user’s knowledge or consent in the following limited circumstances:
- When the collection, use or disclosure of personal information is permitted or required by law
- In an emergency that threatens an individual’s life, health, or personal security
- When we require legal advice from a lawyer
- To protect ourselves from fraud
- To investigate an anticipated breach of an agreement or a contravention of law
- To combat intellectual property and trademark infringement
Where your employer is a subsidiary within a group of companies, we may disclose information relating to business conducted through the AGIT Registry by you on behalf of your employer (which information may identify you as the sender and recipient of the relevant messages) to the parent company of your employer’s group.
We also reserve the right to disclose the information we have collected about you to our professional advisers and to any assignee of our rights (on the basis that such assignees use such information only for the purposes of the operation of the AGIT Registry).
Where links have been provided to other web site(s), please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
How we Protect Your Information
For the purposes of data privacy, the Registrar is the data controller of the personal information processed in relation to the AGIT Registry.
The AGIT Registry will be hosted on a server operated by the Registrar or by a third party on its behalf. The AGIT Registry server is currently located in secure premises in Ireland. Your personal data will be processed by the Registrar (or any other third party to whom we may outsource the hosting or operation of the AGIT Registry website) in accordance with applicable data privacy law. The server will not be relocated to a country which does not provide a similar level of legal protection for personal data without your being notified first.
We will take appropriate measures including the introduction of IT security and operational measures to protect the information on the AGIT Registry website. The AGIT may only be accessed via the public internet using, in certain cases, a unique user I.D. and password. We will take steps to restrict the information which is available to users of the AGIT Registry so far as practicable to that which is necessary for their involvement in the AGIT Registry.
We have installed a system to ensure that communications between the AGIT Registry and its users travel along an encrypted connection, commonly referred to as SSL, that uses digital server identities to help ensure that information you provide is passed only to the AGIT Registry.
When you transmit information to the AGIT Registry, your browser will be provided with a digital certificate confirming that you have accessed our website and communications between you and the AGIT Registry will be encrypted. Firewalls are used to attempt to block unauthorised traffic to the servers and databases and the actual servers are located in a secure location which can be accessed only by authorised personnel.
We also take appropriate measures to keep your information confidential. The Registrar’s internal procedures cover the storage, access and disclosure of your information. Where appropriate, please remember to log out of the AGIT Registry when not using it to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to object at any time to the use of your personal data on the AGIT
We use “cookies” on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.